TABS

Monday 25 April 2016

Fresh out of hibernation

(Although the title of this post feels somewhat ironic, as the small kids related severe sleep-deprivation still takes a heavy toll on me...)

I hope this will be... not exactly a fresh start, but hopefully a fresh continuation. I have been so busy with my day job and raising the kids that I have only occasionally managed to work on new crafting projects, let alone taking the time needed for developing, designing and testing out new products. This is about to change, as I just did something reckless.


Namely, this morning, through a fellow crocheter who has always been such an inspiration to me, Marianne from heegeldab, I discovered the recently announced #THE100DAYPROJECT of 2016 by The Great Discontent. I'm SO taking part in this! This is exactly the boost I need right now to get out of my crafting hibernation, and to overcome my blogger's and photographer's block. And to launch a new product series in my Etsy store.



As you may have noticed, I have been working on some crochet headband designs: for women and little girls, but also sets for mother and daughters, sisters, etc. I have sold a few, but I can see that although they receive quite a lot of views and hearts, they are probably too pricy for this product category - due to the laborious techniques I use. The 100 Days Project is a great opportunity for me to try to simplify the process and design something quicker to realised and therefore more affordable.

Anyone else out there to join me on this journey? You can join in with whatever you make or do!

No comments:

Post a Comment