TABS

Thursday 7 November 2013

Future awesomeness

Thought I'd start sharing with you the cream of my design and fashion finds on the web. I've been thinking a lot about blogging lately, trying to find my path as a blogger, and I've decided that I'd like to expand the scope of the themes I cover here. There's still going to be a lot of writing about my handicrafts, but from now on, I'll try to add bits of other things that make me tick too. I so hope you'll like the new (and hopefully, improved) K-E-R-A blog.

As an opening chord, I'd like to share with you my latest WOW finds in design. First, the Stigo Electric Scooter by an Estonian team of designers and engineers, which is going to be launched in the summer of 2014. Although my current lifestyle doesn't involve a lot of commuting, as I work from a home office, and a wheeled object I use the most these days is a baby stroller (besides that, I'm slowly but steadily taking up driving again), but I'd totally give up using any public transport for this. I can already imagine myself riding it with a vertiginous 25 km an hour. One day (next September) I'm going to continue my law studies, and this would be perfect to get to school. I love the fact that it's foldable, so I can take it with me anywhere. This way I don't have to worry about my bike getting stolen, while I'm sitting in the lecture of, say, penal law.



Oh, I got carried away. But isn't it awesome?! Pre order here.

Safety first, right? The other gem I'd like to share today is a perfect accessory to go with the scooter: Hövding Invisible Bike Helmet by two Swedish designers, Anna Haupt and Terese Alstin. Pure genius! And a very clever choice of product name, adding mystery and attraction (invisibility as a quality we can attain only in our dreams). Take a look at this introductory video clip and shop for Hövding here.




- - -

Olen viimasel ajal palju mõtisklenud siinse blogi peale, ja blogimise peale üleüldse. Minu jaoks on see juba aastaid olnud tõusude ja mõõnadega tegevus. Alustasin blogikirjutamist puhtalt käsitööalaste postitustega, aga nüüdseks olen jõudnud järeldusele, et praeguses eluetapis toimiks minu jaoks kõige paremini profiili laiendamine. Kavatsengi seda edaspidi teha ja kajastada siin veidi rohkem ka oma tööd, põnevaid leide haljastelt internetiaasadelt jne. Loodan, et ma sellega oma käsitööusku lugejaid alt ei vea.

Õnnistan uue (ja loodetavasti parema) K-E-R-A blogi sisse kahe laheda disainileiuga, mis minul küll südame kiiremini tuksuma panid. 

Esiteks, meie oma kodumaise tiimi väljatöötatud Stigo elektriroller, mis tuleb müüki tuleval suvel. Mu praegune elu ei hõlma küll pendeldamist ja põhiline ratastega liikur, mida kasutan, on lapsekäru, aga sellegipoolest - kui ma ühel päeval (ehk tuleval sügisel) oma juuraõpinguid jätkan, siis see siin oleks koolis käimiseks ideaalne alternatiiv ühistranspordile. Kokkupandav ja kaasavõetav, nii ei pea muretsema, et ratas pihta pannakse, kuni sina näiteks karistusõigust tuubid. Praegu võetakse vastu eeltellimusi esimesele 200 rattale.




Ja sellega kaasas võiks käia järjekordne Skandinaavia ime: Hövdingi-nimeline "nähtamatu" jalgrattakiiver (tutvustav videoklipp). Geniaalne. Müügil siin, ja ega ma arvanudki, et see just vähe maksab. Aga turvalisus ennekõike, eks ole?! Jõuluvana, kuuled jah? ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment