TABS

Thursday 14 November 2013

Revamped

This black skirt was literally saved from a friend's garbage bag. She was about to throw it away as a failed restyling project, having cut about 15 cm off and basted the hem with white thread to be machine sewn. For some reason, however, the skirt remained unfinished for ages, until my friend finally forgot why she even started it. Just like I have a full box of garments that await repairing or restyling.




To me, the skirt needed something more than just neatly seaming the bottom edge. I imagined a lace trim for it, and I found the perfect one in Karnaluks the other day. (Oh, I love that store, but don't EVER go there with a toddler!). Pleated lace combined with a row of tiny black beads. I love its Gothic look.

What to do with the material leftovers? I still have about a meter of the lace trimming, and I still have those 15 cm of the skirt fabric. Both of them are just too pretty to discard.




- - -

Üle pika aja lõin õmblusmasinale hääled sisse. Sedapuhku selleks, et üles vuntsida sõbranna kaltsukotist päästetud must seelik. Alläärest maha lõigatud 15-sentimeetrise kangajupi krabasin ka igaks juhuks kaasa, aga see ootab veel oma aega. Kergelt küütlev ruudumustriga kangas võlus mind esimesest silmapilgust, aga alläär vajas minu meelest midagi enamat kui puhas ja lihtne palistus. Minu arvates vajas see pitsilaadset toodet. Leidsin selle gootiliku hõrgutise paar päeva tagasi, kui koos sõbranna ja tittedega Karnaluksis käisime (uuh, olgu see viimane kord, kui lapse sinna kaasa vean! Ma arvasin, et meie Quinny Zappiga mahub isegi mägraurgu, aga Karnaluksis tundsime end nagu elevandid portselanipoes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment